Portland Public Schools is happy to provide Chromebooks to our staff, elementary, and high school students.
As simple as they are to use for most people, there are a lot of great tips and tricks, and ways to integrate the Chromebook into the classroom. Please look at the resources below to get a better understanding of how these devices work.
- This is actually provided by Google and is a great start to understanding Chromebooks and finding answers to questions. If you have questions or need help with your Chromebook, you are likely to find the answer here.
- Once you have a fundamental understanding of how Chromebooks work, this is a great place to learn a bit more. Also provided by Google, this website will answer questions like:
- What are Chromebooks and how are they different from other computers
- How to manage and take care of Chromebooks in schools
- How to personalize your Chromebook
- How you can integrate technology in your classroom using Chromebooks
- How Chromebooks and Google Apps for Education work seamlessly together
- How teachers can find and assign apps to students
- How to troubleshoot simple Chromebook issues, and where to find support when needed
Need to use your Chromebook Offline?
- This is an excellent slideshow that is a MUST READ, and will give you a better vision for how you can utilize Chromebooks in the classroom. There are some really great apps mentioned that you should check out!
- This is a great list of Apps that work with GAFE.